[linux-audio-dev] Knobs / widget design (radial movement)

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Fri Jun 25 18:29:44 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 06:00:42PM +0200, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 06:54:20PM +0200, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
>
> > Requiring the user to read documentation to learn about functionality
> > he would not even expect is not an option.
>
> Have education levels gone down *that* far ?

You again.

If the user has not even an idea, that there is some
special functionality, he has no reason to even look
for documentation.

Besides, we were talking about widgets. When even single
widgets would require to RTFM, what would that mean
for a full app?

Users should be allowed to concentrate on the problem
space of the task at hand as much as possible.
Advanced options / complex functionality that one needs
to read documentation for is ok, but let's keep simple
things simple.

Happy now?

---
Thorsten Wilms