[linux-audio-dev] Knobs / widget design + some OT stuff

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at chello.se
Mon Jun 28 06:47:48 UTC 2004

On mån, 2004-06-28 at 01:22, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> If a manual is well written and explains both the concepts behind
> an application and it's modus operandi, the answer is probably
> 'yes'. At least I do.

Latin?

> There have been some references, both direct and less direct, to
> my 'strange elitism'. I want to put this straight, once and for
> all, even if is quite OT.
> There is in the western world a growing number of people who just
> want to be taken care of in all respects...
>  - if I burn my lips drinking a coffee that
> was served hot, I just sue the bar owner or rearrange his face ...

This is a reference to the McDonald case! If you had not been so busy
watching dumbed down 12 second quotes, you might have realized that the
case was valid and the judge and jury fair. It is all about the context.

> ... ...
> I will not speculate about the causes for this. A more interesting
> question is the classic 'cui prodest' - who is likely to profit
> from this ? ...

More latin? Surely, we can not suspect that you are "elitist"?

Actually, in my house we speak latin only when we feel the urge to make
fun of people in badly need of a good argument. Out of house, of course,
we speak latin to make people feel stupid and stop argueing with us.

Plz, can we now get back to work and continue the discussion on how to
make better, ergonomic widgets?

mvh // Jens M Andreasen