[linux-audio-dev] Traps in floating point code

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-lad at mega-nerd.com
Wed Jun 30 20:51:13 UTC 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:25:53 -0400
Pete Bessman <ninjadroid at gazuga.net> wrote:

> Ah.  Now I get to find all the places in my code that can benefit from
> that.  If you assign a float value into an int variable, is that an
> implicit cast?

Yes, see my paper here:

    http://www.mega-nerd.com/FPcast/

> Good to know, thanks for the tip.  Although, just using lrintf(val)
> would be wrong anyway because it would round up if fmod(val, 1.0) >
> 0.5, right?

Yes, but be careful you quoted the broken code, not the working code.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam at mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"When your hammer is C++, everything begins to look like a thumb."
-- Steve Hoflich in comp.lang.c++
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam at mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)