[linux-audio-dev] Building qarecord and alsamodularsynth

Mark Johnathan Greenaway mark at knobbits.org
Tue Mar 2 03:41:02 UTC 2004

I'm quite a fan of alsamodularsynth and have been recommending it to
friends. The only problem I have with it is that rather than use
automake/autoconf for building it has Makefiles that only work without
editing under SuSE. Of course, editing the Makefiles to get it to build
on other distributions and installing the required development packages
is trivial.

But I was hoping I could save other people the work of having to do this
by writing autoconf/automake scripts. The reason I'm writing this to the
list is to ask whether anyone else has already done this and can save me
the trouble. I know alsamodularsynth has been packaged for other
distributions, and I also know that it's being packaged for Debian
(although that's been going on for a very long time, so I assume it's
now stalled).

One would have thought that had this work already been done, the result
would have made it into the tarball on sourceforge. But stranger things
have happened.
--
Mark