[linux-audio-dev] Building qarecord and alsamodularsynth

Matthias Nagorni mana at suse.de
Tue Mar 2 10:46:59 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Dave Robillard wrote:

> [...]

You only have to edit the library path constants at the beginning of
the Makefile. If you have adapted that to the requirements of your system
once, you can just copy and paste it in any new Makefile of any new ams
release. It's indeed trivial. I don't like the idea of automake/autoconf.
I've got the impression that these pose more problems than they are
actually solving. So unless somebody convinces me, I won't include this
mechanism into the official ams tarball.

> Alright, I'll do it this week.  Probably wednesday, but no guarantees.
> Midterms and all...

Maybe it's a good idea to wait until ams-1.7.6. ams-1.7.5 is an
intermediate release which has a bug in the new sustain/hold pedal
feature. I plan to release ams-1.7.6 this week, maybe even tonight.

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni
SuSE Linux AG