[linux-audio-dev] AMS polyphony

Matthias Nagorni mana at suse.de
Tue Mar 2 10:54:13 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Alfons Adriaensen wrote:

[...]
> fully occupied with other things, buit AFAIK the polyphony problems
> should have been solved. Most of the related code was completely
> rewritten recently by Mastthias, and the dependency of the voice
> asssignment on the built-in ENV has heen removed.

Polyphony has indeed been completely broken but now it seems to work
perfectly. Last weekend I enjoyed playing Liszt on ams with 10-12 voices
polyphony (Athlon 1.4GHz). There is now also support for sustain/hold
pedal (which does not work correctly in ams-1.7.5 but will be fixed in the
next release scheduled for this week, maybe even tonight).

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni
SuSE Linux AG