[linux-audio-dev] TAP-plugins reverb presets

Matthias Nagorni mana at suse.de
Fri Mar 5 14:57:39 UTC 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Steve Harris wrote:

> That is not complete, you also need strings, push-to-make (momentary)

Yes, triggers would be helpful as well. But somehow they can be
"approximated" by toggles, although it's not ideal. So why not also add
a HINT_TRIGGER ?

> I agree that combo boxes are very useful, and LADSPA should have access to
> them, but AMS is /not/ a simple host, why should it not use RDF? Just the

I might decide to use RDF, but _not_ just to fix an incomplete plugin
definition. And moreover, TAP reverb would be a very useful plugin also
for _simple_ hosts, like e.g. the one integrated in xmms.

> There are hosts that wouldn't use enumerations, eg. Pd, applyplugin and
> ecasound.

Even for those hosts there could be a command that would list the entries
of an enumeration.

> I honestly dont understand the problem. Your saying that you dont like

Again: The problem is that we have to clearly distinguish between features
that are optional and those that are essential for any host. And looking
at synthesizer and audio processing gear of the past 5 decades suggests
that enumeration switches belong to the latter category.

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni
SuSE Linux AG