[linux-audio-dev] Sample auditor

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Fri Mar 5 21:45:13 UTC 2004

Hi peeps,

I made something!

It's a simple sample auditor called sauditor that uses a curses
interface and displays a spectrum analyser.

It's not that great, but it does what I wanted it to.  I also have a
lot more ideas, but that's for when I have time.

It outputs to jack and has a very simple interface.  The spectrum
analyser is there because I like to "see" my sounds - get a good idea
of how much of the spectrum they fill - so I ca, say, pick subs that
really are subs and aren't going to mush up my kicks, or choose
strings that really feel big.

If you like it, let me know.  If not, then f#!* you.  Only kidding,
criticism is graciously accepted, even encouraged.

It's at http://dis-dot-dat.net/code/sauditor/

James