+trigger, Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa.h.diff

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Mar 6 11:21:53 UTC 2004

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 02:52:43 +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
> >You just use a regular control port to specify
> >your threshold/amplitude.  The trigger port just does the "triggering".
>
> the proposed patch fits this model well: a plugin need only specify
> TOGGLED in addition to TRIGGER.
>
> at the same time, connecting a 'velocity'-enhanced trigger source to a
> port defining TRIGGER without TOGGLED is possible with the minimum
> need of transmission logic (conditionals, ports) in the host as well
> as in the plugin.

So what does the TRIGGER hint mean? For a normal gate CV signal (which I
think is what youre talking about) there is no need for a hint.

I dont see how you can have a momentary control which is anything other
than boolean, you press it, the signal goes high, you release it, it goes
low. I dont see hoe you can fit a variable amplitude in there, something
like a slider or knob has no momentary action.

- Steve