[linux-audio-dev] +momentary, consolidated (ladspa.h.diff)

Matthias Nagorni mana at suse.de
Mon Mar 8 16:20:42 UTC 2004

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Taybin Rutkin wrote:

> That can't be.  What would a MOMENTARY output port mean?

It would send short trigger signals. I use ports like this in ams modules
that have a trigger output. And these ports are e.g. connected to a
"retrigger" port of an envelope or the "reset" port of a LFO.

As Tim writes:

"Hint LADSPA_HINT_MOMENTARY indicates that port is intended to be
 connected to a trigger signal emitting both rising and falling edge".

Admittedly, I was quite confused as well until I carefully read this.

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni
SuSE Linux AG