[linux-audio-dev] +momentary, consolidated (ladspa.h.diff)

James W. Morris sirrom75 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 19:40:03 UTC 2004

I've found these ladspa extension threads very interesting, despite half of
it going over my head.  But it's interesting to see you all thrash it out.
That's one advantage of being the sole programmer of a project, I can just
get on with it how ever I like, especially as it's not something many people
use and certainly not rely on.

I've downloaded the diff & host.c & drive.c examples Tim posted - which I'll
look at in time....still got other stuff to do first....

>From: Tim Goetze >Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 18:30:01 +0100 (CET)
>i'll try to explain in terms of UI controls:
>
>MOMENTARY: a push button, sending 'yes' when pressed and 'no' when
>released.
>
>TRIGGER: a push button, sending 'yes' only at press *or* release, and
>'no' at any other point in time.

In wcnt I have an input and output type which is a 'trigger'.  it is ON for
one sample only.  That's it.  For example, note on and note off come from
two seperare trigger outputs.  This means that the adsr can be retriggered
without it thinking it's a note off.  but then I don't use any midi
messaging for such events.

(There is also a 'state' which can be 'ON' for many samples, but I've not
found any use for this as far as inputs and outputs go, except perhaps
displaying whether something is 'playing' - which nothing does)

My concept of a trigger came from using a korg ms20 and ms50 expander, and I
think I may have recorded a trigger signal to see what shape it was, and it
was certainly not like a single sample at full amplitude, but generally it
has the same effect.

James.

~(sirromseventyfive)~