[linux-audio-dev] +momentary, consolidated (ladspa.h.diff)

Fons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Mon Mar 8 23:30:39 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 11:23:20PM +0100, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 10:06:25PM +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
>
> > while we're at it, i'd also like to know why limiting the value->label
> > mapping to integers is beneficial.
>
> It's two different problems that happen to map to similar data structures.
> See my reply to Steve's post.

Sorry to follow up on my own ramblings..

A complete solution to the scale point problem also requires that you can
specify the physical position of the scale point. One thing I learned
is that in many cases the LIN / LOG choice is too simplistic. Once you start
considering this sort of thing, a whole new can of worms start moving.

--
FA