[linux-audio-dev] +momentary, consolidated (ladspa.h.diff)

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Mar 9 09:20:43 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 04:29:55 +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
> in addition, to correctly render these consecutive trigger signals,
> you have to know future data (the next trigger). the alternative is to
> delay the next trigger, either in similar fashion by breaking up the
> second run() cycle, or by postponing it until the next cycle. if in
> the latter case you have another trigger request waiting to be
> signalled then, you're completely lost.

The same is true if you signal the rising and falling edge seperatly, it
just raises the bar a bit. Its also not a serious problem, we allready
have the situation that if you need higher control resolution you need to
decrease the buffer size and in practice its easy to handle.

> >- Maybe you want to specify the physical position of the scale points as
> >  well, either to solve the above problem, or to have something more subtle
> >  than the LIN / LOG choice we have now.
>
> that surely belongs into RDF, doesn't it?

Why would this go in RDF and enumertions/scales not?

- Steve