[linux-audio-dev] Major problem with RME HDSP/Multiface and a 64-bit AMD laptop

Vincent Touquet vincent.touquet at pandora.be
Sat Mar 20 08:49:50 UTC 2004

I see this machine has an ENE cardbus controller, for which
problems have been reported in the RME support newsgroup
@ nntp://news.x-networks.de/rme-audio

I do not know the full details of the problem, and I don't know
if your particular setup is affected, but there were at least some
cases reported where the ENE cardbus controllers were not able to
perform bus mastering, which is essential for doing high throughput
over the bus (lots of tracks). A single track should play nicely
imho. Anyway, check the newsgroup, RME support is great and there
are lots of posts about this subject already.

This is a page I found about your particular laptop, though there
is not much info on it yet:
http://people.debian.org/~ccheney/arima-w720-k8.html

best regards,

Vincent