[linux-audio-dev] Status of mLAN?

Jody McIntyre lad at modernduck.com
Tue Mar 23 22:03:54 UTC 2004

What's the status of mLAN on Linux?  I found a few discussions in the
archives, the latest being http://eca.cx/lad/2003/12/0084.html , but
nothing really conclusive.

It seems that there is documentation (and even an implementation) for
A/M, but nothing for Connection Management.  Has anyone tried recently
to get documentation?  Based on
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/tech/1394mLAN/english/ptt.html , it seems that
documentation is available for a nominal fee, but it is more than I am
willing to pay.

I am considering buying a PreSonus FireStation, which does what I need
at half the cost of an RME Hammerfall, and am willing to spend a
considerable amount of time writing a driver, if documentation is
available.

Thanks for any information,
Jody