[linux-audio-dev] [ann] pvoc-0.1.0, caps-0.1.11

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-lad at mega-nerd.com
Wed Mar 24 22:06:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:09:46 +0100 (CET)
Tim Goetze <tim at quitte.de> wrote:

> [Jesse Chappell]
>
> >Tim Goetze wrote on Wed, 24-Mar-2004:
> >
> > > [Jesse Chappell]

> > > applied, thanks.
> >
> >I just realized that you may not want to clamp if your output
> >is a 32 bit float or double, as it is fully capable of handling
> >the value as produced.  For instance, if (well, when) we suck this
> >algorithm into ardour we don't need to clamp, as our internal
> >format is float.
>
> true. i'll make it an option.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't clipping only a problem when
converting to integer PCM sound file. If that is the case, you
can leave the data unclipped and let libsndfile do the clipping
by using this:

   http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/command.html#SFC_SET_CLIPPING

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam at mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)