[linux-audio-dev] (web-based) interactive sound art?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue May 4 14:06:40 UTC 2004

Hi,
Francois Dechelle <Francois.Dechelle at ircam.fr> wrote:

> I've searched a little bit for SVG, but right now I have not found a GPL
> implementation of a SVG viewer. Neither a SVG plug-in for mozilla
> (Mozilla has SVG support integrated, but it is not enabled in standard
> compilations; conclusion: you need to rebuild your mozilla to get svg;
> very funny).

I also did a bit of searching now and found, that there are some nice
tools available for SVG on Linux, although the browser situation is
indeed a bit sad. First Gnome/Gtk directly can display SVG images or icons,
and für Konqueror there seems to be a SVG plugin inside KSVG. As I don't
run KDE I didn't test it, but it looks like a nice solution for web
based installations. Website is at svg.kde.org

KSVG has the nice advantage, that it supports Javascript, which is
important for interactivity.

Also there is sodipodi(.com) which is a kind of Gimp for SVG. Really nice
as well. Now I only need to find some Python modules for SVG - maybe
explore Biggles and Sketch - so that it can run cleanly inside my
web app.

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht                          _ ___footils.org_