[linux-audio-dev] wcnt-1.1z released!

James W. Morris sirrom75 at hotmail.com
Tue May 4 18:44:26 UTC 2004

>From: martijn <martijn at pacno.net> Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 02:05:55 +0200
>Once upon a Thu, Apr 15 2004, James W. Morris hit keys in the following
>order:
> > >Anyway, thanks for applying the gcc3 patches. I ran into only two
>includes
> > >without use namespace declarations, and it also appears gcc3 tries to
>be
> > >intelligent and interprets "or" as "||" :S
> > 'S Ok.   -- Hermmh,  not quite sure what you're getting at ?
>Oh, i forgot the patches, here they are.
>Martijn.

Cheers for your help.  I decided to try mandrake 10 the other day, got bored
of Debian Stable.  Mainly to try out gcc3.3 and kernel2.6 (too long to
download on 56k) So I've now discovered how gcc interprets 'or' as '||'
which I feel quite annoyed and let down by!  I did n't realise what you
meant.  I've also discovered the other missing using namespace std's.  (I
thought I could get away with putting them in files which were included by
others.)

I'll get wcnt compiling with gcc3.3 and just put the whole thing up with
some new examples.  I've got some examples with 10 waveforms (coo!) and some
with 20 (a world record for wcnt!) which would sound pretty good if it were
not for artifacts:  bummer.

expect:  withinish thish weekishn || next.

~(sirromseventyfive)~