[Agnula-Users] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Request to audio related LiveCD packagers

Andrea Glorioso andrea.glorioso at agnula.org
Wed May 5 08:05:16 UTC 2004

    > As a musician and user of the software, I think that it is more
    > important to get maximum useability and practicallity out of the
    > software. At the moment most musicians are paying for Microsoft
    > Windows software, because there is not an alternative that
    > supports their hardware. That's the most pressing problem.  If
    > there are free alternatives in development, then use them, but
    > if there is no alternative, then it is most important to support
    > a wide range of equipment and reach as many potential users as
    > possible.

Tom,  please notice that this  is a matter  of distribution.  The fact
that A/DeMuDi doesn't come  with  the firmware  doesn't mean the  user
can't simply  download  the firmware  itself (not  that I particularly
like this solution).

Of course  this can't be  done on the Live CD  until you install it on
the hard disk (if you  feel like doing it) but  then again I very much
doubt  you can do serious low-latency  work directly from CD - anybody
correct me if I'm wrong.

bye,

Andrea Glorioso                      andrea.glorioso at agnula.org
AGNULA Technical Manager                 http://www.agnula.org/
M: +39 333 820 5723                     F: +39 (0)51 930 31 133
      "Libre Audio, Libre Video, Libre Software: AGNULA"