[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] FIL-plugins-0.0.1

Fons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Wed May 12 10:43:46 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 01:09:37AM +0200, Tim Goetze wrote:

> >The first release of FIL-plugins is now available at
>
> first impression: sounds real good, nice to have smoothened controls
> too. could do without the global and section bypass though. cpu is ~
> 3.5 % @ 64/44.1 on this 1.7G athlon, quite a punch.

Just did a test on my 2G P4: 2 filters with 8 voice polyphony (i.e.
16 filters) in AMS take about 12% CPU.

With the smoothing in place, the section bypass switches come more or
less for free, and it seemed a pity to have noise-free controls only
to have to spoiled by a noisy external bypass switch. So...

> nice work, thanks!

Thanks !

--
FA