[linux-audio-dev] kernel 2.6.6 just out

Richard Bown richard.bown at ferventsoftware.com
Thu May 13 06:50:26 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 12 May 2004 21:54, Albert Graef wrote:

[SuSE 9.0 and capabilities]

> That sounds like you're sources are still misconfigured.

I was just being a doofus.  I hadn't "made clean" after "make dep".
So the simple steps to getting it working were: make cloneconfig;
make dep; make clean; make bzImage.  The problem I had was the bzImage
looked pretty much the same physical size whether I'd "make clean"
or not.

> Try a "make mrproper"

What does that do?

[the patch]
> On my SuSE 9.0 system, this makes a *great* difference.

Yes, I can attest to that too now.  Many thanks for the various
tips - the lowest period size I can obtain now with jackstart and
--realtime in duplex with the SBLive is now 512 (which is OK) and
it's pretty stable there.