[linux-audio-dev] aeolus surround

Alfons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at alcatel.be
Thu May 13 15:14:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 11:06:11AM -0400, Jesse Chappell wrote:

> When you set the channel count >2 do the output channels have
> a specific spatial positioning defined?  Or would it make more
> sense to output B-format and run it through one of the Ambisonics
> plugins to get a specific speaker layout?

-B gives you ambisoncs B-format out (W,X,Y,Z). I'm not so sure about
the ambisonics plugins, some that I tested (long ago) did not give the
correct outputs.

-C 2 is for a square layout LF, RF, LB, RB
-C 4 is for a cube layout bottom square (as above) followed by top square.

Future versions may have a more flexible decoder built-in, or I could
supply a separate (JACKified) decoder.

--
Fons