[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA proposal ...

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri May 14 16:45:34 UTC 2004

>Why rule out XML?  It's one of the few widely-used language groups
>that actually sorta meets both those requirements (*fairly* simple and
>*somewhat* human-readable).  ;-)

Reactions to XML can be as strong as your feelings about C++ :)

Personally, I am fan of both of them, but I don't think that forcing
the use of one of the many XML parsing libraries into a LADSPA
application is a good thing. I think that Steve's simple tuple scheme
can be parsed very easily in C code without any fun and games, and the
file is human readable if not instantly understandable.

--p