[linux-audio-dev] Info required: FLAC on W*****S

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at chello.se
Thu May 20 06:00:31 UTC 2004

Hi Alfons!

I went to ambisonic and read the FAQ. I do not agree with them when they
say that 2-channel stereo is only good for imaging between the speakers.
It is possible by using phase differences (and the assumption that
people are not living in sound-dead laboratories) to project sounds
outside of the stereo-field.

I did not find anything either to support that 4-channel is superior to
7-channel ... Maybe I was not looking hard enough ??

/jens

--
"The audience is listening ..."