[linux-audio-dev] Copland

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at chello.se
Sun May 23 02:03:34 UTC 2004

Hi!

Anybody here got an old enough recording of Coplands "Rodeo" that can be
freelee released?

I just came back from Stockholm City Theaters version of Hamlet ...
Wow!! I would say to you guys: If you are around here, and are into
percussion, go see it!

The music is well written and the sound is clear and enjoyable ...

Back to Copland: I tried to find "Fanfare to the Common Man", and found
an excerpt (appearently enough) to convince my better half that  Copland
has deeply influenced both modern jazz as well as rock-music (as well as
the theater music we just heard.)

Surely there must be more out there? No?

mvh // Jens M Andreasen