[linux-audio-dev] Linux and Standards

Asbjørn Sæbø asbjs at stud.ntnu.no
Mon Nov 1 07:43:02 UTC 2004

I am, unfortunately, probably to late.  But I feel that what Eric
Raymond says about standards in his "The Art of UNIX programming" is
relevant to your topic.

One of his main points is that specifications and standardisation
(and adherence to same) are essential to achieve interoperability and
portability. And further that "Open-source reference implementations are
the most effective method known for both promulgating a standard and for
pressuring proprietary vendors into confirming."

With kind regards
Asbjørn Sæbø