[linux-audio-dev] Ardour 0.9beta20 released

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Nov 1 23:15:49 UTC 2004

>At some point, the PH line goes on strike. That is, when in
>play or recording, it doesn't move. The two counters in the
>transport pane are rolling but the PH remains fixed until the
>next stop, when it will jump into its proper place.
>I'm not sure what triggers this, it could be the creation of
>a new track, or defining a loop. Anyway, once this happens it
>never goes away - terminating Ardour and reloading the session
>does not help.  So the bug must be encoded somewhere in the
>session file.

it is :) click the "Follow PH"  button in the transport controls.

>Regarding the transport pane, would it be possible to give it
>a proper window title when detached ? The only reason why I
>want to detach it is to put it on another workspace, and with
>Windowmaker this can be done only via the window title menu.

not before 1.0. these windows really don't justify WM
decorations. we'd have to add a user configuration option to add/not
add decor.

>There's another oddity with the transport pane: when detached,
I can still move it, but any horizontal movement will also put
>it higher. I can make it vanish from the top of the screen
>using only horizontal mouse movements !

please file this is mantis. i've seen it. i don't want to forget it.

--p