[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] realtime-lsm-0.8.3 beta test

Jack O'Quin joq at io.com
Tue Nov 2 02:00:53 UTC 2004

Rohan Drape <rd at alphalink.com.au> writes:

> Nice work, thanks.  In passing, using
>
> KERNEL_DIR := /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build
>
> should behave properly for normal builds?

On my system,

  KERNEL_DIR := /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build

points to the build directory of the running kernel, but only if it
was built with the standard kernel makefiles and installed using `make
modules_install'.  Debian kernels seem to lack that symlink.  I don't
know how other distributions handle it.

It seemed safer to rely on the traditional /usr/src/linux symlink for
a default, instead.  I did not want to assume that the build kernel is
necessarily the one currently running.
--
  joq