[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] dssi-vst 0.3

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at chello.se
Sat Nov 6 11:25:45 UTC 2004

On lör, 2004-11-06 at 09:08, Steve Harris wrote:

> The interface is explained in dssi.h, around line 223:
>
>     /**
>      * run_synth()
>      *
>      * This member is a function pointer that runs a synth for a
>      * block.  This is identical in function to the LADSPA run()
>      * function, except that it also supplies events to the synth.
>      *
>      * A plugin may provide this function, run_multiple_synths() (see
>      * below), both, or neither (if it is not in fact a synth).  A
>      * plugin that does not provide this function must set this member
>      * to NULL.  Authors of synth plugins are encouraged to provide
>      * this function if at all possible.
>      *
>      * The Events pointer points to a block of EventCount ALSA
>      * sequencer events, which is used to communicate MIDI and related
>      * events to the synth.  Each event is timestamped relative to the

Why are the events time-stamped? Can the host send me events that will
happen in the future (past?), or can I rely on that all events belong to
the current time-frame. That is to say that the time information is
there for those who need sample accurate rendering? (ie: events that are
not derived from a midi-controller)

/j