[linux-audio-dev] Tascam US428 Hangup

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu Nov 18 18:56:12 UTC 2004

Uwe Koloska wrote:

>> It has been ironed out by snd-usb-usx2y 0.8.6 as you may find on latest
>> alsa-driver-1.0.7 (also on 2.6.10-rc2-mm1 kernel).
>
> But then again the problem of making a new kernel modul or a new
> kernel for my distro (now SuSE 9.2).
>
> The last time I tried to install a 2.6.9 (with all audio patches) I
> gave up, cause many of the skripts (usb, hotplug) have stopped working.

Why don't you just start with the SUSE supplied kernel-sources and config?
You'll find all the necessary stuff on the distro CDs/DVD. I know 'coz I
do a also run SUSE 9.2 Pro around here :)

> What about deMuDi 1.2.0?  Is this one able to work with the tascam
> usb interfaces?

Probably not. The badness lies on the OHCI host controllers interface and
snd-usb-usx2y modules prior to 0.8.6. On UHCI it has been working ever
since.

If you want your US428 audio pcm to work, you'll surely have to upgrade to
alsa-driver 1.0.7. I'm affraid there's no other way around, other than
getting an UHCI based USB host controller.

> There is so much music to do ...

I feel the same ;)

Cheers.
--