[linux-audio-dev] Tascam US428 Hangup

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu Nov 18 23:39:54 UTC 2004

Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
>> Why don't you just start with the SUSE supplied kernel-sources and
>> config? You'll find all the necessary stuff on the distro CDs/DVD.
>> I know 'coz I do a also run SUSE 9.2 Pro around here :)
>
> Did you apply any patches ? Having 9.2 here ready to install, I'm quite
> interested to know how it performs audio-wise, and which patches can or
> should be applied.

Applied the realtime-lsm-0.8.4 (http://www.joq.us/realtime/) and
incidentally, a homemade snd-usb-usx2y-0.8.6.

Regarding the later, you can follow the whole original story from alsa's bts:

bug #0000425 (https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=425)
bug #0000607 (https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=607)

In fact there's this one linux-2.6.9-usx2y-0.8.6.patch.gz which should fit
into suse's factory kernel-sources.

Cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela