[linux-audio-dev] cannot set tick on /dev/rtc: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Robert Jonsson rj at spamatica.se
Sat Nov 20 20:56:40 UTC 2004

Hi guys,

Trying to move to a 2.6 kernel here. More specifically I've tried the kernel
bundled with Mandrake10.1. I'm not expecting any lowlatency miracles but I
was expecting it to "work".

The error I get is (when starting MusE which needs RTC):
cannot set tick on /dev/rtc: Inappropriate ioctl for device

rtc is there. Apparently something is wrong with it. I googled a bit and it
seems this has been up here before, with other kernels, so it doesn't seem
like an Mandrake issue.

Anybody know what this is and what to do about it?

/Robert

--
http://spamatica.se/music/