[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more

CK x at meta.lo-res.org
Sat Nov 27 06:22:25 UTC 2004

sorry I'll do this at once:

I read:
> On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 23:17, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > This I agree with, but the best way to fight for it (speaking as a
> > business man) is to develop a real market for it. We need thousands of
> > buyers. Develop the market and hardware manufacturers will come.

ouch businessmen ;)
so what is a _real_ market ? the one that microsoft controls ?
and because microsoft and this 'different' computer[0] company that
m$ owns don't do free (as in speech) stuff ... fine

> Perhaps it's here already. I think there's more of us RME or M-Audio
> customers than one might think.

I can only speak for my uni and a couple of electronic music/media art
institutions and labs that bought rme products (and that's getting a
couple of not so cheap devices) precisely _because_ there are linux
drivers (and linux is not at all uncommon in this scene).

regards,

[0] written on debian ppc
--
chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better