[linux-audio-dev] Re: Been to the movies lately, FreeBob?

Daniel Wagner wagi at monom.org
Mon Nov 29 20:08:22 UTC 2004

> today Dan Dennedy (dan-AT-dennedy.org), lead developer of Kino, happened
> to stumble on the Linux Audio Blog. He left a few comments especially
> relevant to the ongoing 1394 discussion:
>
> <http://linuxaudioblog.jawebada.de/software/alsa/firewire-alsa-driver-at-sf-net.html#comment-0>
>
> [...] Please be more active on the linux1394-devel mailing list. I
> have ideas to share with you!

Sorry about being silent on the mailing list... [lots of excuses].  I'll
promise to be more active :)

For the record: Pieter Palmers has written (in a tremendous effort) a
large part of AV/C descriptors parser.  This part is still not
completed and needs some clean up, though a great job!  Meanwhile, I
have been working on the basic framework (design and implementation).

Unfortunatly, I have stated in my first posting that FreeBob will
support M-Audio devices with the other devices: this is not true.
M-Audio uses proprietary protocols.  Nevertheless, the chances to
support those devices are still there.

thanks,
daniel