Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME isno more]

Tue Nov 30 07:50:57 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 19:49, Marek Peteraj wrote:

> > > Saying nothing is *never* helpful.
> >
> > That is true.
> >
> > > Showing your dissatisfaction at least *sometimes* helps. We'll see.
> >
> > [disclaimer: I have not read the posts]
>
> Perhaps you should :)

I did. I don't think I got through all the posts, but I read more than
enough. Stupid attitude. You are doing _harm_, and probably making the
task of people that will have to interface with RME in the future
harder.

> > I think you are missing the point, whether intentionally or not I don't
> > know. Hatefilled posts are not going to help. Normal posts will.
> >
> > Maybe I'm misunderstanding (if so, ignore the rest), but you seem to
> > think hate filled posts are just fine, right? If that's true, this would
> > be the time for me to say something rude so that you change your mind,
> > right? If enough of us post hate filled responses you are going to agree
> > with whatever we say? I think not...
>
> I think i clarified it in my previous posts. What you're talking about
> is a different relationship. We're talking about a vendor vs. customer
> relationship in which case if the number of unsatisfied customers
> bi@#$^ng about your product grows, you have to take adequate action no
> matter how much they're hurting your ego. Becasue sometimes there
> *might* be a valid reason for that. ;)
>
> That said i think it's silly to argue about that here. We have lost two
> main specs providers. Not because of hatefilled posts.

Again, hatefilled posts are not helping. Most probably you don't realize
how bad your posts look. Again, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder,
so maybe for some other LAU denizens those very same posts are great. It
takes all kinds...

> That was the
> consequence. In my eyes a very valid one. In your case perhaps not. But
> it's for the interest of *everyone* here. So i think the more of us
> agree the more strength we can show to everybody out there, instead of
> arguing whether to beg or be more proud(no offense, my POV).

No offence taken, of course. I don't expect you to understand there is a
difference between begging and asking, between showing strength and
bullying, between talking and shouting....

You don't herd cats (or linux penguins), they go where they like to go.
-- Fernando