[linux-audio-dev] Re: Behringer

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Tue Nov 30 22:43:25 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 17:32 -0500, Dave Robillard wrote:
> I'd rather not have people with this ignorant 'closed drivers = good'
> opinion turning Linux into yet another Windows.

So Linus is ignorant, huh?  Have you thought about why he allows binary
drivers?  He certainly could choose not to.

No one said they were good.  I just said it was better than no support
at all, and whatever RME decides to do, they designed the hardware, it's
THEIR CHOICE.  You can't expect people to respect your choice to GPL the
code you write then bitch and moan when they decide to sell their
hardware under terms that make sense to them.  If you don't like it then
pardon my French but you can design your own fucking sound card.

Lee