[linux-audio-dev] USB sound card for Mac and PC

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Oct 9 16:41:48 UTC 2004

Hallo,
Clemens Ladisch hat gesagt: // Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> > - Terratec Phase 26 USB (not tested on 2.6 kernel by Linux-USB, but
> > should work fine).
>
> Frank made the tests with both 2.4 and 2.6.

And thanks to Clement, even Midi is working. I only had it for a short
time for testing, but it would have been the device of my choice if
I would dare to spend more than 200 Euro on a USB device again (I
didn't dare and bought the other el cheapo Terratec USB card).

> > There is the M-Audio Audiophile USB but it does not work on Gentoo (and
> > of course, I use Gentoo!!).
>
> It should work with recent driver versions.

I was off-list for a while: Does this mean, that the Alternate ID
problem is finally solved somehow? And that I might be able to try
using the Quattro again? Or is the Audiophile not affected by that
spec violation?

Ciao