[linux-audio-dev] 3D fft analysis program

Andres Cabrera acabrera at teleset.com.co
Wed Oct 13 11:26:24 UTC 2004

Hi all,
I'm wondering if there would be a benefit implementing the Loris
analysis library (http://www.cerlsoundgroup.org/Loris/) additionally to
the usual fft techniques for a visual spectrum analyzer. Would there be
visual differences in both analysis that would be worth while?

Cheers,
Andrés

Andres Cabrera wrote:

 > Dave,
 > Thanks, I hadn't seen the 3d spectrogram in snd. It does pretty much
what I wanted to do. So I'll refocus and try to get it working in
realtime first. It will probably take longer (because I have no idea
about jack and the like), but I'll get it started.
 > Thanks for all the suggestions and the pointers from everyone, when
I've made some progress I'll post.
 > Cheers,
 > Andrés
 >
 > Dave Phillips wrote:

 >>> Baudline (http://www.baudline.com) is a fantastic viewer that does
fft cascade. I've used it for a couple of years, and it is great for
figuring out how different sounds "work", and it has an
oscilloscope-type display as well.

 >> Alas, whle baudline is indeed a wonderful application it doesn't do
a true waterfall display. Please see the results on Google for 'alan
peevers spectrogram' for more info regarding what I'm looking for.

 >> Btw, there's a way to set Cthugha to do this, and I believe it might
be possible with Pd. Snd creates a nice OpenGL FFT display but it's not
realtime.