Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Fri Oct 29 07:06:12 UTC 2004

[cc: to douglas repetto, who admins the list servers]

hi kai, hi douglas!

Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this is not an urgent issue, but I'd like to warn in advance that the
> laa/lad/lau list archiving at www.eca.cx/la[adu] will stop some time next
> year. I'm not sure of the exact date, but sooner or later anyway. Note
> that I'm not going to take the existing archives offline, so all links
> pointing to mails at eca.cx will still work.

good.

> Fortunately we nowadays have many other archives of the lists. We just now
> need to pick a new official archive and update the links at:
>
> 	http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/archive.php3
>
> I propose that we use the archives at columbia.edu:
>
> 	http://www.music.columbia.edu/pipermail/linux-audio-dev/
> 	... and so on.

that won't really cut it, since they are not (yet) searchable, and
they lack the really old messages that went through
ginette.umontreal.ca way back when....

douglas, do you think we could set up a htdig engine on
roar.music.columbia.edu (all lists would benefit from that)?

i hope i don't overstretch columbia.edu's hospitality at some point....

if that's not possible, let me know and we'll find something else.

> Very good archives can also be found at gmane.org:
>
> 	http://gmane.org/info.php?group=gmane.linux.audio.devel
> 	... and so on.

same problem regarding the old messages.

kai, i will keep looking for an alternative location, and i may need
to mirror the eca.cx archives at some time....

best,

jörn

	- Brian W. Kernighan

Jörn Nettingsmeier