[linux-audio-dev] OSC vs MIDI

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Sep 1 15:33:21 UTC 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 05:48:15 -0600, martin rumori wrote
> On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 11:31:01AM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 10:03:18 +0100, Dave Griffiths wrote:
> > > so if I'm writing a osc sequencer, is the best plan to leave the
> > > mapping open for the user to modify?
> >
> > I would say so yes, its possible that an OSC schema spe will be
> > standardised at soem point that would make it easier.
>
> not to mention the microtone-capabilities of your osc sequencer and
> the sophisticated envelope control functions, which are hard to cover
> with pure midi...  :-))

thats what I'm after :)

for anyone thats interested, I'm implementing a sequencer based on a text
score language I've developed for algorithmic melody generation and live
programming: http://www.pawfal.org/index.php?page=ScoreCode

it sounds a bit strange maybe, but I managed to perform a prototype version of
this live a couple of months ago, and it seems to work well.

dave