[linux-audio-dev] Re: [Jackit-devel] realtime-lsm in the kernel

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Tue Sep 7 22:31:41 UTC 2004

Hi Lee,

> Now that the final touches are being put on the 2.6 low latency patches,
> a massive migration of linux audio users to 2.6 is imminent.  Since this
> means every single linux audio user will need the realtime-lsm module, I
> think we should push to get it in the kernel, the sooner the better.

Count my vote in.

BTW ...

I'm having some trouble with latest VP patches on my P4 HT/SMP box. The
trouble is that since Q5 that I can't get my machine to boot reliably, if
at all. It goes almost all through the init scripts to drop dead on the
beach, so to speak. It just freezes completely somewhere before the login
prompts.

This only happens if the kernel is configured for SMP/SMT
(HyperThreading). The very same kernel configured and built for UP boots
and runs fine. As I said before this was introduced on the Q5 patch, and
the same showstopper is present on latest R6. Only with Q3 I'm still
happy, altought only with softirq-preempt=0 AND hardirq-preempt=0.

The "offending" box is a SUSE 9.1 based one, P4 2.80C HT on a ASUS P4P800
mobo, 1GB DDR.

I would like some help in squaring out this mess. I'm feeling left behind
in this VP wagon... Even Ingo's site doesn't list Q3 anymore :(

Lee, could you care giving me some insight on how or who can I point my
thoughts about? ;)

Does anyone else?
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela