[linux-audio-dev] Announcing the Polypaudio sound server

Lennart Poettering mzynq at 0pointer.de
Wed Sep 8 12:42:29 UTC 2004

Hi!

I am pleased to announce version 0.4 of the Polypaudio sound
server. See

      http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/polypaudio/

for more information.

I will try to push Polypaudio into both Gnome and KDE as replacement
for esound resp. aRts. I am interested in your comments on Polypaudio.
Please comment especially on the client APIs available on

      http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/polypaudio/doxygen/

For a quick comparison with aRts/Esound see the FAQ:

      http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/polypaudio/FAQ.html

I am always interested in new devlopers: if you are interested feel
free to contact me!

polypaudio is not a sound server for professional audio, it is a sound
server for desktop environments. Please keep that in mind when
grumbling about this software.

Thanks for your time,
       Lennart

--
name { Lennart Poettering } loc { Hamburg - Germany }
mail { mzft (at) 0pointer (dot) de } gpg { 1A015CC4 }