[linux-audio-dev] Re: [Jackit-devel] Re: realtime-lsm in the kernel

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sun Sep 12 04:19:00 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-11 at 12:09, Jack O'Quin wrote:
> torbenh at gmx.de writes:
>
> > i think they will object the allcaps option.  but that one could be
> > left out.
> >
> > the other options only open doors for DoS attacks.
>
> That's a good point.
>
> What if we made allcaps conditional, based on another Kconfig option?

Isn't a DoS attack also the worst case scenario with allcaps?  Or am I
missing something?

I do not see the objection; assuming there is a legitimate use for
allcaps, the DoS exposure would certainly be less bad than having that
process just run as root.  A DoS can't blow away the password file...

Lee