[linux-audio-dev] P4 kernel patch/option against denormals

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Sun Sep 19 14:27:54 UTC 2004

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for your reply!

Googling around, I found this on the "Denormals are zero" flag:

http://aulos.calarts.edu/pipermail/music-dsp/2001-May/010182.html

But it doesn't explain how these flags are set!

> And of course write a small proggi that sets the FTZ and DAZ flags.

Yes, this is the part that I am unclear on. Can you explain briefly how
these flags are set? Is it during kernel-compilation or is it something
done later on? Is it a one-time option, or is it reset after every reboot?

Apologies for any unintentional noob-ness ;-)

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 122: