[linux-audio-dev] Akai

Frank NEUMANN frank.neumann at st.com
Wed Sep 22 07:38:18 UTC 2004

Hi list,
james at dis-dot-dat.net wrote:

> Hi peeps,
>
>    Is there anything out there to convert Akai sample CDs?

There is abrowse (abrowse.sf.net), sporting a GTK GUI, but is has not made
any moves for quite some time, and I have had varying luck with it; there
is also a set of Perl scripts ("akai_tools.tar.gz") by Hiroyuki Ohsaki;
however, someone just discovered recently that his old homepage is no more,
and the new homepage at
http://www.ispl.jp/~oosaki/software/akaitools/index.html does not contain
the actual source download link (I just mailed Hiroyuki asking him to correct
this). I still have a copy at home, so mail me offlist if you need that.

Greetings,
Frank