[linux-audio-dev] Re: This better not be patented...

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Sep 23 16:14:31 UTC 2004

>I refered earlier to two European papers. Now I found this at
>their site:
>
>   Patents on sound rendering. We are in the process of filing for
>   two US patents, together with N. Tsingos and E. Gallo on
>   "Using graphics cards for audio signal processing" and
>   "Perceptual techniques for sound spatialisation"

i suggest that you just write to them and tell them that you intend to
vigorously contest any attempt on their part to file the patent. see
what they say. Point out the prior art discussed here already, and
that while you might not object to a patent on a specific technique,
and attempt by them to file a patent will be met with significant
resistance.

and if you don't, i will.

--p