[linux-audio-dev] Akai

Frank NEUMANN frank.neumann at st.com
Sat Sep 25 11:28:16 UTC 2004

Hi,
rm <rm-lad at arcsin.org> wrote:

> > There is abrowse (abrowse.sf.net), sporting a GTK GUI, but is has not made
> > any moves for quite some time, and I have had varying luck with it;
> > Frank

> what sort of issues were you having with it?

Ok, writing this here was perhaps poor behaviour on my side - instead I
should have sent you some success/failure feedback directly earlier. Sorry
for that.

I have collected a couple of sample CDs over the years, and for some of them
the partition and file data is just not read in correctly. Also, the GUI
seems to forget to refresh sometimes.
I'll send you some screenshots off-list, and perhaps we can then work it out
together. By the way, the "akai-tools" Perl scripts also had problems with one
of these CDs - perhaps it's badly "authored". Still to be investigated.

Thanks,
Frank