[linux-audio-dev] Jacklaunch vs. asoundrc jack plugin

martin rumori lists at rumori.de
Wed Apr 6 08:24:23 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 08:19:00PM -0400, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> freebirth. Audacity doesn't cooperate with either, while jacklaunch even
> though it has been reported to work with sweep doesn't on my machines (mdk
> 10.0 and 10.1).

jacklaunch(1) worked for us with realplayer, which is, i know, closed
source and evil and not a major linux audio app.  just for the record.
we used jacklaunch to start multiple instances of realplay in parallel
for a multichannel streaming sound installation.

1 jacklaunch and libjackasyn are registered trademarks of guenter
  geiger, barcelona :-)