[linux-audio-dev] Other real-time options

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Sat Apr 9 14:54:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

> > If someone sets up this forum, and more than twice of us sign
> > up, that should show those arrogant lklm-people that there are really
> > _a lot_ of us, and that we are strong, and very angry. Hah!
>
> First, please stop this "arrogant lkml-people" attitude, it won't help.

Sorry I put things the wrong way. It wasn't ment to be that seriously...
There are some trollish people on lklm though.

> Second, I would think that instead of a petition with just lots of names
> on it, I would prefer a letter signed by the maintainers of as many
> Linux projects as possible, i.e. not signed as "Jean-Marc Valin", but
> "Speex maintainer" (Jack maintainer, GnomeMeeting, ...). I'm sure this
> would give a lot more weight to the proposition.

Maybe. But Con asked for users. It might looked like he was in doubt
whether theres thousands of linux audio users, which there clearly must
be by looking at the number of linux-audio-user subscribers.

He (and many other kernel-developer) probably already knows that there
are many linux audio developers.