[linux-audio-dev] qjackctl feature request

torbenh at gmx.de torbenh at gmx.de
Sun Apr 10 11:11:51 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 03:20:02PM -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> I've been testing jack.udp lately which involves running qjackctl on
> each machine over a remote X11 connection.  However it's impossible to
> tell which qjackctl is running on which machine.  I'd like to request
> that the hostname be added to the window title.

well that is a quickfix :)
the real fix is that, when we are done with jack.udp, qjackctl needs to be
able to route networkports and far jack ports.

to configure distributed jackd port connection i envision some OSC
protool.

drobilia has something like this in the pipe. it is for modulars but
the distributed jack is only a subset of this problem.

i am also happy with the hostname though :)
but i dont want to disturb the audio with unnecesarry X Connections.
(i am using wlan as the audio transport)

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language